Moderatoren: BinKino, Uwe, Weslakeschrauber

Antworten
benmay100
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

RS2600 - Factory Paint vs. Current Paint

Beitrag von benmay100 »

Hello everyone!

My name is Ben and I am very new here - it is nice to meet you all. :thumbup:

I have spent some days reading through this forum... and wow there is a lot of NICE cars... and a lot of great knowledgeable people here.

To explain myself...

I have just (subject to some final inspections) purchased an RS2600 Capri (1972 model - from Switzerland)

The car looks very original, however from factory it was "le mans green/black" .... but since 1990 it has been painted "white/blue".

Sadly... the car history file goes back only to 1990 (nothing before then) and all of the paperwork refers to it in the current paint work (white/blue).

So I have a few questions:

1. If you were restoring the car, considering all of it's paperwork (from 1990 - present) refers to it when it was "white/blue" ...would you keep the current colours?

2. Or would you repaint the car in the original factory colours "le mans green/black" (as detailed on the VIN plate)?

3. Do you know how best I can track down earlier history for the car? (I have read that people have tried with their cars... but is difficult)

All opinions are welcomed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you

Ben

P.S - I can speak a little German... aber mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut! ... even though my wife is German!! But if you prefer me to speak in German on the forum please do let me know and I will type in German
Young British Ford Capri Enthusiast!

Cars: Mk1 3.0 GT / Mk3 2.0 S / Mk1 RS2600 (soon..!)

QZ-1
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Re: RS2600 - Factory Paint vs. Current Paint

Beitrag von QZ-1 »

Hi Ben,

I also own an RS with non-factory colors!

If you are restoring it completely you should definitely think about a repaint in the original colors! Besides I like the LeMans green/black color very much! But if not and you like the current colors, keep it! The original paint will get you a better price if you might sell it again one day!

If mine got a repaint one day, I will actually chose the current color again! That is how i saw it first and how I fell in love with it!

In the first place the car should please you and no other!

Best regards!

Marc
Wir haben die Antiradarfarbe drauf, der Turbo funktioniert so gut wie nie - J.J., NICHTS kann uns mehr aufhalten!

benmay100

Beitrag von benmay100 »

QZ-1 hat geschrieben:
13. Aug 2020, 12:49
Hi Ben,

I also own an RS with non-factory colors!

If you are restoring it completely you should definitely think about a repaint in the original colors! Besides I like the LeMans green/black color very much! But if not and you like the current colors, keep it! The original paint will get you a better price if you might sell it again one day!

If mine got a repaint one day, I will actually chose the current color again! That is how i saw it first and how I fell in love with it!

In the first place the car should please you and no other!

Best regards!

Marc

Hi Marc

Thanks for your reply and very good advice I think!

I am doing a complete restoration and I love the "Le Mans Green / Black" so I think I will take it back to original.

Ben

Manni
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

Beitrag von Manni »

Hello Ben !

This is the best idea i heard today. :thumbup:

I hope there are many pictures of your restoration to be seen here.

Regards Manfred
Es wird Wagen geben die von keinem Tier gezogen werden , den Namen einer Italienische Insel tragen und mit unglaublicher Gewalt daherfahren.

Frei nach Leonardo da Vinci

benmay100

Beitrag von benmay100 »

Manni hat geschrieben:
20. Aug 2020, 20:56
Hello Ben !

This is the best idea i heard today. :thumbup:

I hope there are many pictures of your restoration to be seen here.

Regards Manfred
Thanks Manfred!

I’ll be getting plenty of pictures up soon

BeN

Antworten